E. Ray and Jackie Smyth met on April Fools Day in 1950 when at age 14, she played hooky from her school in Stamford, Texas to attend an all day event 14 miles away in Lueders, Texas called "Lueders Play Day" - There she met 15 year old E. Ray who went to school in Lueders. After a 5 year court ship they were married on August 27, 1955 and have ever since been auguring who was the most fooled on the day they met.
After nearly 50 years of marriage and raising 3 children who gave them 7 grand children and 4 great grandchildren and having lived in the same house in Titusvillle, Florida for over 40 years they decided it time to clean out the attic and put there family mementoes in show cases so they could walk among their memories in their autumn years.
Accordingly in 1998 the museum property was purchased and the museum became a reality which with tongue in cheek E. Ray named the "Smythsonian"
The building also provided E. Ray with a place for his Model Train Layout and a Work Shop with Storage.
|Return to Home Page|
|[ Current Page - TOP ]||[ Menu - Main ]|